Have you ever been to a restaurant where everything just seems to run smoothly? No one is rushing around; the food is served fresh and at the right temperature, and your server is knowledgeable about the menu items and able to answer any questions you have. Chances are, that restaurant was using some form of restaurant automation. Automation in the hospitality industry is on the rise, and for good reason: it can save businesses time and money while improving customer satisfaction. But what do automated hospitality systems look like, and how will they impact the way we eat out? Keep reading to find out!
The restaurant industry has always valued innovation and has been receptive to new ideas. Kitchens are one industry that has profited greatly from this move forward. This facility’s introduction illustrates how workers use technology and equipment to reduce cooking time and improve productivity.
The epidemic of COVID-19 has compelled the industry to embrace increasing kitchen automation. According to new survey data, the vast majority of restaurants throughout the world have invested in or are in the process of investing in new automation systems. After 12th grade, you can join this groundbreaking business by pursuing a hospitality career. To get started, enroll in any HM course. There are numerous hotel management institutes that provide a variety of hospitality degrees.
What does it mean to automate a restaurant?
Restaurant automation is the use of automated or robotic technologies to perform tasks in a restaurant. These robots can handle everything from cooking meals to delivering food to your visitors in your office. They have significantly greater speed than humans, allowing them to be more efficient and productive in the kitchen. Some restaurant consultants believe that in the future, the entire kitchen could be automated. Many hotel management institutes in Mumbai and across India provide courses that will keep you up to date on future developments.
How might automation assist restaurants in becoming more efficient?
Restaurant robots have the potential to improve restaurant operations dramatically. Their effects aren’t limited to one part of a restaurant; they might improve the entire business. We’ll look at three different ways that robots help restaurants improve, optimize, and move forward in the next part.
Delivery has been increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to the emergence of ghost restaurants and third-party delivery services. Advances in technology such as self-driving cars, drone delivery, and other technologies have given restaurants a host of new delivery alternatives. By embracing these improvements, businesses may reduce delivery times and increase output. The following are some of the most prevalent types of robot food delivery:
- Domino’s self-driving pizza delivery: Domino’s recently partnered with a robotics company to develop a self-driving pizza delivery system. As a result, an autonomous vehicle transports the food from the store to the delivery destination while keeping it hot.
- The food delivery robots from Starship Technologies include an insulated compartment to keep food at a safe temperature. They also include GPS and cameras to help them navigate the streets and sidewalks. After it comes to a customer’s door, it may be unlocked using an app, and the customer can retrieve their food.
- DoorDash’s delivery robots: The third-party delivery service DoorDash recently announced ambitions to develop its own automated delivery system. Despite the fact that the little truck can only carry a limited amount of food, it can be programmed to make deliveries between businesses.
The majority of kitchen robots are adept at doing simple, repetitive tasks. If implemented effectively, they can help you optimize your workforce and avoid human mistakes by lowering the number of time-consuming and low-skill activities in your workplace
For example, a robot might be unable to detect culinary flaws or discoloration in fruits and vegetables. As a result, having a team of people that can supervise and operate your automated equipment is vital. By pursuing a hospitality career beyond 12th, you could be a member of the main staff in such a prominent hotel. You can begin your adventure by enrolling in one of Mumbai’s reputable hotel management courses.
How Do Restaurant Automation Reduce Labor Costs?
Rising labor costs, and hence the overall cost of running a restaurant, are important reasons pushing for restaurant automation adoption. While automation may be costly at first, the cost will reduce as the technology progresses and gains favor in the food service business. In fact, current data shows that costs have fallen by 40% since 2005. Aside from the ability to complete tasks without being paid, robots provide additional benefits that can help you save money. These benefits include
- Improved training: Using automated training protocols and videos, managers can spend less time on training and more time on other duties. As a result, training costs are lowered. In any case, Mumbai’s hotel management institutes are now instructing students independently, so…
- If typical tasks can be automated throughout the company, employees will have more time and freedom to take on additional obligations. Additionally, automation makes it simple to see what activities your staff are engaged in. This can help your firm manage tasks more effectively and save money.
- Inventory management: Automated inventory systems make it easy for your personnel to scan and track objects and ingredients in your kitchen, saving time and money. This is something that hotel management schools in Mumbai and throughout the world emphasize.
Why should your kitchen be automated?
a) It saves you time.
A robotic system is designed to function swiftly and precisely. They are extremely efficient and work quickly, considerably reducing prep and cooking time. As a result, you’ll be able to answer customer demands rapidly.
b) Your personnel can focus on providing outstanding customer service.
The kitchen and dining area of most restaurants may be a chaotic setting. Your employees may be forced to assist in the kitchen while connecting with customers on a busy day, which can be chaotic. However, because automation will handle some of the tasks, your employees will be able to focus on the needs of the client.
c) The automated kitchen is really trustworthy.
Because they are programmed to work precisely, the automated robots’ performance will be consistent. There will be no changes or delays in the preparation of meals. They will properly measure supplies and supervise the cooking process to ensure that the meal is always perfect.
One of the greatest hotel management colleges, IIHM has one of the best and most comprehensive hotel management education facilities. It is India’s most promising hotel management institute, as well as one of the best hotel management colleges. Kolkata, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, Goa, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, and the state-of-the-art IIHM at KBU Bangkok in Thailand’s capital city and Samarkand As a result, students at IIHM campuses in India have the opportunity and flexibility to study at the University of West London in London or at the IIHM @ KBU campus in Bangkok at various phases of their studies. IIHM is affiliated with DeVry USA, Australia, Mauritius, the Middle East, and South East Asian countries on the other side of the Atlantic.
The restaurant industry is changing and with it, the way hospitality is delivered. Restaurants are automating their processes to keep up with customer demands for faster service, more options, and better quality food. If you’re looking for a career in the hospitality industry, now is the time to join IIHM. We offer you the skills you need to succeed in this rapidly changing field. With our help, you can be at the forefront of delivering cutting-edge hospitality services that meet – and exceed – customer expectations.
To know more about this topic and Hospitality Technology in general, follow us on www.iihm.ac.in