IIHM, the leading hospitality education groups in India, has joined forces with Marriott Hotels India Ltd, one of the country’s foremost hospitality companies. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between IIHM and Marriott Hotels India Pvt Ltd on May 11, 2022, opening up a world of prospects for students studying hospitality management at the IIHM.
IIHM and MARRIOTT INDIA have agreed to form a collaboration for students pursuing the Diploma, Degree, or Masters in Hospitality/Tourism Management/Education on the criteria outlined below, in order to improve educational possibilities for students and foster mutually advantageous linkages.
- The parties have committed to work together to improve the learning experience of Hospitality Management students, resulting in a highly employable graduate.
- The MOU’s goal is to establish the foundation on which the scope of services provided will be aligned with the Institute’s fundamental curriculum in compliance with IIHM criteria.
- Except for Marriott Hotels India Pvt. Ltd. and its affiliates, the parties agree that anyone who is not a party to this agreement has no authority to enforce any of its terms.
- The contents of this MOU are only declarations of intent. Except for the confidentiality restrictions below, this is not a binding agreement between the Parties, and no such agreement establishing the Parties’ binding responsibilities has been approved by the relevant authorities of each Party.
- MARRIOTT INDIA will take ownership of the 2nd and 3rd year classes of students pursuing Bachelor’s and Diploma in Hospitality Management at IIHM, providing mentorship, career guidance, guest lectures, and project work assistance to impart industry trends and enhance their learning experience.
- MARRIOTT INDIA will provide inputs to IIHM in the areas of teaching and training methods, as well as appropriately design the curriculum for students to fit into the industrial situation.
- For their Industrial Training Programs, IIHM students will be given first priority to be placed in Marriott Hotels in India. On completion of the internship, a Certificate of Internship will be issued.
- MARRIOTT INDIA will partner with students on request to provide the required support for guest lectures on current trends, aid with student project work, and mentorship / career counseling. (The frequency and number can be agreed upon by both parties.)
- To bridge the gap between academics and industrial practise, MARRIOTT INDIA will provide operational exposure to IIHM faculty members for their development and comprehension of the current and developing technologies.
- In terms of Marriott leaders presenting at these programmes, to support the Executive Leadership Programs produced by IIHM at its own expense. The goal of the programme is to build and train leadership skills among executives in the hospitality and tourism industries.
- IIHM will manage the application and selection procedure for students in accordance with the rules. On request, IIHM may enlist the help of MARRIOTT INDIA in the selection of students.
- IIHM will dedicate a classroom for second and third-year students to serve as a model for MARRIOTT INDIA, complete with images, logos, mission and vision statements, and information about Marriott’s expansion in India.
- MARRIOTT INDIA will offer all materials, including images, logos, mission and vision statements, and information on Marriott’s expansion in India, which will be presented in a dedicated classroom at IIHM.
- During the implementation of this MOU or any other agreements formed pursuant to this MOU, both Parties agree to maintain the confidentiality and secrecy of documents, information, and other data received from or submitted to MARRIOTT INDIA.
- IIHM will assist Marriott International as needed with research efforts for new hotels, market surveys, feasibility reports, and other technical and non-technical assistance that Marriott may require to develop and implement solutions.
- IIHM and Marriott have a strong relationship, and this MoU will help us work together more effectively. Marriott Hotels India was one of the first companies in the industry to think of a programme that would bring industry and university together to find actual talent. For the first time, a structured arrangement has been put in place with a special classroom designed according to Marriott’s guidelines. Students will also get to do their internship at Marriott Hotels and, if they pass the selection criteria, will be selected for placement at the hotels,” said Dr Suborno Bose, the Founder and Chairman of IIHM.
- “We’ve been working with IIHM in numerous cities for a long time. We are delighted to join this initiative to help students advance their careers and ensure that they are industry-ready “Area Director, HR, South and East India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka, Lizanne Pinto stated.
- It is a historic partnership between the world’s largest and most prominent hotel company and IIHM, a globally recognised pioneer in hospitality management education. Prof David Foskett, MBE, renowned hospitality educator and author, and Chairman of the International Hospitality Council (IHC), London, said, “This initiative will create wider and better opportunities and career paths for all IIHM students around the world, further demonstrating why IIHM is the international Hospitality Management College of the twenty-first century.”
- Marriott International’s Culinary Director, Chef Himanshu Taneja, stated, “Marriott’s collaboration with IIHM, the country’s best hospitality institute, is a terrific day for all of us. The talent that this combination will produce will be genuinely outstanding.”
- Chef Shaun Leonard, Executive Chef and Culinary Programme Leader, BHMS, Switzerland and FIIHM, who joined this historic moment virtually, said, “It is an important moment for IIHM students to secure their future, and it is important for leading hotel groups like Marriott International to secure the future of our students and our industry.”
- The International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) is one of India’s major chains of premier hospitality and hotel management schools, having opened its doors in Kolkata in 1994. The Indismart Group, which owns and runs the Indismart Hotels, owns IIHM. The IIHM has campuses in eleven national and international cities, as well as the affiliate institute IAM-IHM in Kolkata and Guwahati. Students who graduate from IIHM will have an international degree from the University of West London as well as global hospitality abilities that will allow them to work in any hotel brand throughout the world.
Deliverables And The Role Of Marriott India
Why IIHM Kolkata (International Institute Of Hotel Management)
In the last 24 years, the institute has received numerous notable accolades. The list covers the Economic Times’ Best Education Brand Award for the years 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. It was also named a Great Indian Institute and a Great Place to Study by Forbes Magazine in the years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020, respectively. IIHM was also named one of the World’s Greatest Brands & Leaders by URS International (IMEA – Process Reviewer PriceWaterhouseCoopers PL) in 2015-16, and received the Assocham Best Institute in Hospitality Education 2017 Award from Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Hon’ble Minister of State for HRD (Higher Education), Govt. of India.
IIHM provides their students the best oppturnity for the career in hotel management from study to tour and placements. Enroll your seat now in IIHM to be placed at very top hotels.